Thursday, December 31, 2015

Love actually is all around

Every New Year's Eve, for the last several years, my husband and I have spent the evening in our pajamas watching the movie Love Actually. For us, it's a great way to say goodbye to the old year and ring in the new, because despite what many consider flaws in the film, I think the main message is one I will always be happy to hold close:

It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... Love actually is all around.
~Love Actually

Love isn't perfect, but it is everywhere. There are so many things about this world that are sad and frustrating and scary... but love remains, despite darkness.

This little blog is my small attempt to bring just a little more love, hope, and peace into my corner of the world. I hope it brings some to you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment